Get Ready For The 25th National Infant Immunization Week!
National Infant Immunization Week (NIIW) is April 27-May 4, 2019. This is the 25th anniversary of NIIW, an annual observance to highlight the positive impact of vaccination on the lives of infants and children. Healthcare professionals are on the front lines of the fight against vaccine-preventable diseases. According to CDC research, parents consistently identify healthcare professionals as their most trusted source of immunization information. Research also shows that many parents make vaccine decisions before their baby is even born.
During NIIW, Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation encourages you to remind parents and pregnant women about the importance of on-time infant immunization. We also encourage you to review Provider Resources for Vaccine Conversations with Parents, a suite of materials created by CDC, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). We have recently updated two pieces called Talking with Parents about Vaccines for Infants and Preparing for Questions Parents May Ask about Vaccines. In addition, CDC has a slide deck you can use to with staff to discuss how to create a culture of immunization in your practice.
CDC is also hosting two digital events during NIIW:
- An #ivax2protect Twitter storm on Tuesday April 30th from 7:00-9:00pm ET. This event will be co-hosted by AAP and What to Expect.
- An Instagram Story Q&A on Thursday May 2nd from 12:00-2:00pm ET, during which CDC experts will respond to parents’ vaccine questions.
Please consider participating in the Twitter storm and promoting the Instagram Story Q&A to parents. You can find more information on the NIIW website, along with sample social media content, talking points, website banners, and more.
Join Now - It's Free!
Join now to get immediate access to:
Log In or Join Now
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now