Is Non-sharp Equipment Available?
It’s day 8 of the Don't Get Stuck challenge.
Technological advances can make it safer to draw blood, vaccinate, or heal wounds. Use non-sharp equipment whenever possible.
- Non-sharp skin closure devices, including liquid adhesives, adhesive strips, staples, or zipper technologies
- Immunizations that allow for the use of nasal sprays or a mechanism other than a needle and syringe
- New blood sampling devices that do not require a needle
Have a story about a sharps injury? Share your stories with us here.
Join Now - It's Free!
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now