Fill Up Your Tank
Welcome to day 7 of the Strengthen Your Immunity, powered by Compass One challenge!
As a nurse, you’re expected to give your time, energy, talents, and wisdom to others every day. But when do you refuel? Do you refuel as often as you should?
Today's the day. Make it about YOU.
Why? Those who never take time for themselves are bound to burnout and feel stressed — and stress impacts the immune system. As we mentioned on Day 3 of this challenge, research shows that stress can actually make you sick. When you don’t fill up your tank on a regular basis, you’re lowering your immune system’s protective armor.
Keep your armor strong. Try one of these ideas:
- Engage your creativity with art therapy
- Get outside for some fresh air today, even if it’s just for a few minutes
- Make time for a hobby you enjoy but haven’t had time for lately
- Set aside at least 10 minutes for something mindless that helps you relax
- Try meditation or journaling — both great for relieving stress
Taking care of yourself means having self-compassion. Learn more about how to fill up your own tank in a safe, healthy way.
Tell us how you're doing in the challenge so far in our discussion in the challenge update section here or on Facebook.
Find this helpful? Share it with a nurse by using the social media links on the left side of this page and invite them to sign up for the Strengthen Your Immunity, powered by Compass One challenge!