Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA)
Children’s Hospital - Los Angeles (CHLA) was presented with a Certificate of Recognition for being an exceptional Premier Partner in ANA’s Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation Grand Challenge (HNHN) GC.
Bonnie Clipper, ANA VP, Nursing Practice & Innovation presents Certificate of
Recognition to HNHN Premier Partner CHLA CNO Nancy Lee.
What makes CHLA so successful in Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation?
It’s their innovative approach to health and wellness for their employees.
CHLA provides 15-20 minute pop up workshops on wellness that take place on the actual units themselves. Topics can be anything from stress management to healthy, high-energy snack options. Some of their other staff wellness offerings include tai Chi, yoga, massage therapy, and Quarterly Shape Up Challenges.
Meet Mike, one of CHLA's therapy dogs.
Their café is working to decrease fried foods and sugar sweetened beverages and to increase healthier options for patients and staff.
Healthy Halloween treats at CHLA.
CHLA hosts a Farmer’s Market on site that remains open throughout multiple shifts, every Wednesday from 10am - 8pm, to increase staff access. Additionally, staff can purchase half-price “Veggie Bucks” to increase their purchasing power of fruits and vegetables.
Veggie bucks are sold to staff at a discount to promote
fruit and vegetable purchases at the Farmer's Market
Here are some of CHLA’s best practices to promote HNHN GC to employees:
- During health or employee benefits fairs, host a wellness booth that promotes all activities offered by HNHN GC and your facility
- Offer staff that sign up for HNHN GC raffles for healthy prizes
- Present staff the opportunity to sign up for further information which will then create an internal list of interested employees
- Extend general education on how to sign up for HNHN GC and take the survey
- Promote in monthly employee emails, wellness portals, websites, and articles
- Create your own team challenges and post on HNHN Connect, HNHN GC’s social platform
- Give assurance on the confidentiality of the survey
- Provide space and time to sign up on computers during work hours
- Offer incentives for HNHN GC participation
- Provide activities such as games, raffles, and challenges to get employee interest
Interested in becoming a partner of the Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation (HNHN) Grand Challenge? Learn more here.
Read more about the work of our premier partners:
Bayhealth Medical Center
The Ohio State University College of Nursing
Oncology Nursing Society
USPHS Group Does #FitNurseFriday 5K Challenge
International Nurses Society on Addictions (IntNSA)
Wisconsin Nurses Association (WNA)
New Jersey State Nurses Association (NJSNA)
Three Hospitals That Go Above And Beyond For Their Nurses
How Employers Can Help Keep Nurses Healthy
Have you joined the Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation (HNHN) Grand Challenge yet? Join us today!
Join Now - It's Free!
Join now to get immediate access to:
Log In or Join Now
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now