INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center
We are pleased to shine the HNHN Champion Spotlight on INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center. Using a reward-based wellness program, INTEGRIS offers their employees unique initiatives including a rowing team, couch to 5K, mind/body therapies, volunteering opportunities, on-site fitness coaching and more!
INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center is a Champion partner of Healthy Nurse, Health Nation™ (HNHN). The clinical practice council is leading the HNHN initiative at INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center by sharing and encouraging individual and organizational participation in HNHN.
INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center has developed a Facebook page specifically for employees to communicate, inspire, and strategize in their pursuit of health and wellness. We frequently share HNHN content on the page as well as photos of employees engaging in healthy activities. The content is varied to address the domain of physical activity, nutrition, rest, quality of life and safety.
We kicked off National Nurses Week with a fun walk/run 5K that was so well received, participants requested we schedule another. Competition among departments was encouraged to increase participation. The department most represented at the 5K received a delicious healthy lunch. On September 15, 2018, we will begin our company picnic with an early morning fun walk/run 5K. Employees, families and pets will be welcomed to get active together.
We look forward to increasing HNHN involvement individually and collectively at INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center. The clinical practice council is committed to supporting the health and wellness of our colleagues. We will continue developing both virtual and interactive methods to disseminate health and wellness resources and encourage engagement.
INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center is part of the largest not-for-profit and Oklahoma-owned health care system, with hundreds of hospitals, specialty clinics, family care practices and centers of excellence. But medicine isn’t always about caring for the sickest of the sick. It’s about doing everything in our power to keep our friends and neighbors and every Oklahoman from becoming ill in the first place. The new paradigm: Wellness - includes a commitment to INTEGRIS employees in their pursuit of achieving optimal health.
The Employee Wellness program is a reward-based initiative offered by INTEGRIS to help employees take action to improve and maintain health. The program assists employees in becoming more aware of their health status and, if necessary supports employees in making lifestyle changes that will help employees stay healthy. Our employee health initiatives include Healthy Together where employees earn a discount on their medical plan premium by completing an annual wellness visit including lab work. In addition, a cash incentive is offered to employees who complete age and gender appropriate preventative care and who complete lifestyle management programs offered at no charge.
The no cost lifestyle management programs offered are wide-ranging to address the unique challenges and interests that INTEGRIS employees may have. These are just a few of the programs available:
- Couch to 5K is a 9-week training program geared toward running a 5K. Employees can be reimbursed for the race entry fee to the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon, among other races across the state.
- Changing Your Weighs is a comprehensive program that focuses on weight loss as a reflection of making lifestyle changes that foster better health.
- Mind Body Essentials is a series of education sessions offered through the James L. Hall Jr. Center for Mind Body and Spirit by local professional with experience in providing services in mind body therapies and/or integrative medicine practices.
- Volunteering the goal of the INTEGRIS Crew (I-Crew) is to unite and support INTEGRIS Health employees in living our mission through volunteer activities and community outreach across the state. The volunteer activities include mobile meals, Boys & Girls Club and Coach-A-Kid mentoring.
- Nutrition Education Modules are created by registered dietitians to help give insight on today’s most popular nutrition topics including how to easily plan nutritious meals, purchase healthful foods on a budget, prepare a nutritious meal on limited time and how to eat more mindfully.
- On-site Fitness Center Program includes a pre, mid, and post evaluation which consists of fitness testing with a coach. This is followed by a personalized workout for individual implementation.
- Wellness Coaching works with individuals who are already doing something well in their lives and who wish to do better or to develop other decisions. Well coaching helps in becoming more confident, energized, positive and powerful, to make lasting changes.
- Exercise is Medicine at the YMCA Healthy Living Center-INTEGRIS is a multi-phase, comprehensive 16-week medically based program for adults experiencing at-risk conditions such as lack of physical activity, hypertension, obesity, hyperlipidemia, or hypercholesterolemia. Throughout the program participants learn how to reduce their risk and improve their overall health by adapting healthy behaviors that include exercise and movement.
- INTEGRIS Corporate Rowing offers employees a unique opportunity to get involved in a sport like no other – Rowing! It is a total body workout that builds fitness, refocuses the mind and brings new meaning to the concept of team work. The INTEGRIS rowing team is open to employees by application and requires no experience. Members receive unlimited access to Chesapeake Boathouse fitness center and free individual rental of recreational kayaks and paddleboards. The rowing team participates in the end-of-the-season regatta consisting of an intramural race at the Stars and Stripes River Festival, the annual OGE NightSprints at the Oklahoma Regatta Festival, and the OKC RIVERSPORT Indoor Rowing Championship.
Each of us knows healthy food is a cornerstone of overall health and well-being, and we are committed to offering a great selection of healthy food options. July 2016, employees began receiving a 40 percent discount on all foods designated as Eat Well options. These items are easily identifiable and branded with the Eat Well symbol. Eat Well options represent more nutritious, lower-calorie food choices. A healthy meal for employees typically costs about $3.40.
We are always living our mission to Improve the Health of the People and Communities we Serve, starting with our employees. Eat Well!
Find this helpful? Consider sharing it with a friend by using the social media icons on on the left side of this screen. Don't forget to use the hashtag #healthynurse.
Learn more about the work of our Champion partners here.
Have you thought about becoming an HNHN Partner? Join us today!
Join Now - It's Free!
Join now to get immediate access to:
Log In or Join Now
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now