Put It In Writing!
It's day 4 of the Move for a Cause challenge, powered by support from Humana.
Now that you’ve spent some time thinking about causes to support, it’s time to pair that passion with action! Today, we challenge you to commit to an event or an activity over the next year.
Here are some examples:
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training: They train people to take on triathlons, marathons, 5Ks, and more to raise money for blood cancer research.
- Cycle for Survival: Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital raises money for rare cancer research through indoor spinning sessions.
- The American Heart Association’s Heart Walk: This group encourages people to take part in community walks to raise funds for fighting heart disease and stroke.
You can also look at Active.com to find fitness events near you that support causes. You don’t have to just walk, run, or ride a bike. There are jump roping events, dance-a-thons, swims, tennis competitions, and other ways to get in exercise while supporting a cause.
Once you decide what to do, put it in writing! Sign our commitment wall here. You can even share your commitment on your social media pages and ask others to join you.
Spotlight on the Alzheimer’s Association:
See the online gallery from a recent Walk to End Alzheimer’s events here. 2019 planning is underway!
Keep an eye out for events near you by using this interactive map.
Find this helpful? Share it with a nurse you know by using the social media links on this page. Missed day 3? Catch up here. Join us on day 5.
Join Now - It's Free!
Join now to get immediate access to:
Log In or Join Now
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now