Who Is On Your Nurse Squad?
Congratulations on making it through the first week of the #WeAreinThisTogether Student Nurse Wellness challenge!
Thank you for participating! We'd like to show you our gratitude and support by sending you a CeraVe #YourGratitudeisShowing giftpack! Fill out this form using your school email address to receive your giftpack.
AND now for tonight's day 5 tip:
You might not have as much face-to-face time with fellow students, but it’s still important to connect with your peers. Becoming friends with fellow students means you’ll have people to turn to for advice, guidance, and support throughout nursing school and beyond. Just ask any of your professors or career nurses you know, having a peer group to reach out to when you need help can be instrumental.
Already have a nurse squad or bestie? Tonight shout out your student nurse squad or bestie to share the sentiment! Send them a text to them know how much you appreciate them and remind them #WeAreInThisTogether this semester.
Don't yet have a student nurse squad? Don't be shy. Consider reaching out to a fellow student to set up a virtual get-together and start building your nurse squad! These times make it harder to meet in person, but technology provides a number of other ways to “hang out.” Remember, #WeAreInThisTogether! Just as you might appreciate someone reaching out others will too. Think of some ice breakers and introduce yourself.
Here are some ideas:
- Reach out to fellow students via email or connect through social media.
- Post a message in a class chat discussion or board for a weekly Zoom event to chat about nursing school life.
- Create a group text to stay connected throughout the week and to vent or share successes.
- Make connections with group members you may be assigned to do projects or papers with. You never know what you may have in common until you share. Maybe start off easy with sharing things you may find funny or an interesting thing about yourself.
Share photos with us of you and your nurse squad! Reply to us on Twitter, in our private Facebook group or Instagram. Remember to tag us with #healthynurse and #WeAreinThisTogether!
Find this helpful? Use the social media links on the left side of your page to share it with a nurse and invite them to join Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation!
Missed day 4? Catch up here. Join us on day 6.
Join Now - It's Free!
Join now to get immediate access to:
Log In or Join Now
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now