Make It A Standing Or Walking Meeting!
Today is day 2 of the Work (Out) From Home, powered by Humana!
Whether you work from home, an office, or a clinical setting, meetings are often unavoidable. Worst of all, they’re often sedentary. One way to make them more productive and active: Turn them into walking or standing meetings. The benefits to standing meetings aren’t just physical. They also:
- Take 25 percent less time, on average, compared to traditional meetings
- Promote collaboration
- Boost creativity
- Increase attention
Walking meetings are ideal with two or three people. Get some fresh air and walk the building’s perimeter as you discuss your meeting’s agenda. Remember to practice safe social distancing with your coworkers.
And if you can’t get outside, opt for standing instead of sitting. Walk in place to get your blood flowing.
How many times did you take the stairs today? Did you track your steps? Let us know here or better yet post a video and show us! Post in our private Facebook group, or on Twitter, or Instagram and tag us with #healthynurse!
Find this helpful? Use the social media links on the left side of your page to share it with a nurse and invite them to join Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation!
Missed day 1? Catch up here. Join us on day 3.
Join Now - It's Free!
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now