Learn Or Do Something New
Welcome to day 7 of the Decompress – Where’s Your Happy Place? powered by Compass One
Want to make your “me time” more exciting? Why not learn something new? It’s easy (and comfortable) to get stuck in a routine. But a routine doesn’t push you out of your comfort zone — change does.
Discovering how to do something new is good for your brain — studies have proven this. Acquiring new skills stimulates neurons in the brain, which forms more neural pathways, literally making the brain stronger. This keeps your brain engaged and helps prevent cognitive decline.
Today, try to learn something new. Consider options like:
- Watching a TED Talk on a topic that interests you
- Building your brain muscles with a cognitive game from Lumosity
- Listening to a new podcast
- Using Lynda.com (now LinkedIn Learning) to develop a new skill in something you enjoy, like business, video editing, Photoshop®, or another software
- Cooking or baking a recipe you’ve never tried before
- Take a dance class with a loved one
Your opportunities are endless! Use your “me time” today to take your knowledge to new levels.
Have another idea for something new to try? Share it with us. Post a photo or video et us know in the challenge update thread here, in our private Facebook group, or on Twitter, or Instagram and tag us with #healthynurse.
If you found this helpful, use the social media links on the left side of your page to share it with a nurse and invite them to join Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation!
Missed day 6? Catch up here. Join us on day 8.
Join Now - It's Free!
Join now to get immediate access to:
Log In or Join Now
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now