Bust Out Of Your Comfort Zone
Welcome to day 1 of the Possibilities Unlimited challenge, powered by support from Humana.
The first step to unlocking possibilities is to change your routine. Challenge your expectations and your body by safely pushing beyond your known limits.
To begin, focus on increasing your endurance, especially if you exercise regularly. This will take you out of your comfort zone, improve your stamina, and release new potential within yourself.
Here are a few examples to consider:
- Change your routine: Increase the length or frequency of your exercises
- Add intervals: Instead of taking one long walk, add 30 seconds of jogging every couple of minutes
- Set new fitness goals: Shoot for the stars and push yourself further than you ever have before
- Try a new type of workout: Choose something that intrigues you but you haven’t had the nerve to try
It is easy (and comfortable) to get stuck in a routine. But routine does not unlock possibilities — change does. During this challenge and moving forward, try to step out of that warm and cozy place, especially when you feel yourself in a routine rut. If it does not challenge you, it does not change you. Learn more about getting out of your fitness comfort zone.
What did you do on day 1? Let us know here or reply to us on Twitter, in our private Facebook group or Instagram. Remember to tag us with #healthynurse!
Find this helpful? Use the social media links on the left side of your page to share it with a nurse and invite them to join Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation!
Keep going! Join us for day 2.
Sponsored by support from
Join Now - It's Free!
Join now to get immediate access to:
Log In or Join Now
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now