South Carolina Nurses Association
We are pleased to shine the HNHN Champion Spotlight on the South Carolina Nurses Association (SCNA). SCNA uses HNHN as a powerful tool and resource during their annual conventions.
Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation™ Activities at Convention a Hit! Last November 2-4, 2017, the South Carolina Nurses Association (SCNA) held their 2017 State Convention at the Sonesta Resort on Hilton Head Island.
The many activities planned by the Convention Planning Committee (special thanks to Angela Dykes, Kelly Bouthillet, and Rosie Robinson) were fun, interesting, and healthy! The moderators for the CNE sessions were given a list of things that they could offer to participants before each session. Extra time was built into the agenda for each of these activities.
- Enjoying comedy (Alice Wyatt and her famous joke telling abilities)
- Walking/running on the beach
- Working out at the gym
- Practicing mindfulness
- Intentional relaxing
- Trail Walking/running
- Coloring pages from a Mandala coloring book
SCNA staff worked closely with the hotel banquet staff to ensure heart healthy meals and snacks were served.
- 23% of attendees participated in recording their activities
- 2054 minutes of activities were reported
SCNA is planning similar activities in 2018 since these were so well received. The 2018 Convention Team will be adding a relaxation room for participants to use during the meeting.
Find this helpful? Consider sharing it with a friend by using the social media icons on on the left side of this screen.
Don't forget to use the hashtag #healthynurse.
Learn more about the work of our Champion partners here.
Have you thought about becoming an HNHN Partner? Join us today!
Join Now - It's Free!
Join now to get immediate access to:
LOG IN OR JOIN NOW
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
LOG IN OR JOIN NOW