The Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania (HUP)
The Renewal Center is open 24/7 and staffed by receptionists Monday-Friday, 7am-7:30pm to assist and facilitate use of the amenities. All services are provided to employees at no cost.
Over the past year, The Renewal Center utilization data was assessed, and clinicians were asked for feedback on ways to enhance the center. There were 22,000 visits by nearly 3,000 individuals; a 40 percent increase in utilization throughout the year. The majority of visits were for respite, meditation, computer and lactation. Subsequently, extra computer work stations, exercise classes, and an additional Mothers’ room was added to the center.
January 1, 2019 kicked off an official partnership between The Renewal Center and the Penn Medicine WellFocused program, run by the Employee Wellness team. This collaboration allows for free 1:1 consultations including, but not limited to, nutrition counseling, librarian consultations, financial wellness, health coaching, employee well-being program enrollment, and blood pressure screenings and weight checks offered to all employees. These consultations are designed to benefit individuals’ overall wellbeing, support personal advancement and a healthy work environment.
Additional amenities of the center include:
- Mothers Rooms: There are five pumping stations in The Renewal Center to provide employees a private place to express breastmilk. The rooms are equipped with chairs, hospital grade pumps, access to a refrigerator, and tables for personal belongings.
- Break Room: The Break Room provides a touchdown space, other than the home unit and cafeteria, for employees to enjoy meals and take short breaks. The break room offers complimentary coffee, hot tea, and hot cocoa, as well as a refrigerator and microwave. Additionally, beginning in early 2019, as part of the Wellfocused collaboration, healthy snacks and carbonated water will be provided at no cost.
- Relaxation room: The relaxation room is equipped with four massage chairs and provides employees the opportunity to relax and enjoy a chair massage. The room provides soothing music, lighting, and calming images to help employees relax and rejuvenate throughout the day.
- Work Stations: There are ten personal workstations designed to provide all employees access to computers. All work stations are connected to the industrial printer located in the printer room. Additionally, there is scanning, faxing and copying capabilities in The Renewal Center available
to all employees at no cost.
- Group Fitness: The Group Fitness studio is a benefit for all HUP employees to improve their overall fitness and well-being, by taking advantage of yoga, Zumba, weight training, Reiki, and guided mindfulness classes, led by certified instructors. The group fitness studio is also equipped with a DVD player to allow employees the opportunity to exercise independently of scheduled classes.
The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania prides itself on promoting employee well-being and the partnership with Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation is one way that we provide our employees with tangible ways to stay well.
Learn more about the work of our Champion partners here and become an HNHN Champion. Join us today!
Have you joined the Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation (HNHN) Grand Challenge yet? Join us today!
Join Now - It's Free!
Join now to get immediate access to:
Log In or Join Now
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now