You’re busy, so remembering to eat may often fall to the bottom of your to-do list. Grabbing a snack between patients, gobbling down breakfast during your commute, or devouring dinner after a long shift are normal events for you. But this isn’t always the healthiest approach to food.
When we slow down in any aspect of life, including while we eat, we become mindful of the how and why. Jon Kabat-Zinn describes mindfulness as “paying attention in a particular way: on purpose, in the present moment, and nonjudgmentally.” Evidence shows that mindfulness can help us develop skills needed to manage:
- Stress, anxiety, and depression
- High blood pressure
- Insomnia and sleep problems
- Substance use disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Taking it one step further, research proves mindful eating creates health benefits like:
- Less impulsive eating
- Reduced calorie intake
- Preference for healthier foods
- Weight loss and management
- Reduced binge eating
If you want to be more mindful of what you’re putting into your body, and you want a better relationship with food, mindful eating is for you.
Maybe you think it’s too difficult to slow down and eat with intention? Or you’re wondering, what’s the point? We’re here to shed some light and make mindful eating attainable for you. Powered by Compass One, this 10-day challenge will share simple tips and tricks to help you incorporate mindfulness practices into your meals. And it won’t take too much of your time.
Keep these guidelines in mind as you dive into this Mindful Meals challenge:
- There are no bad foods
- Your body knows what it needs, but you must listen
- Embrace exploration and understanding of food
- Your life is about much more than how or what you eat
Are you ready to make your meals more meaningful? Let’s do this!
Though this challenge ended on March 13, 2023, you are more than welcome to try it on your own.
Invite a #healthynurse you know to join you! Share the challenge on your social media by clicking the links on this page. Get started here.
This challenge is powered by Morrison Healthcare, a Division of Compass One Healthcare
Date & Time
Monday March 13th, 2023
End Date & Time
Friday March 24th, 2023
Join Now - It's Free!
Join now to get immediate access to:
Log In or Join Now
- The HealthyNurse Survey with customized results and recommendations
- Fun, engaging & inspiring monthly health challenges and blogs
- Chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories &gain best practices
Log In or Join Now