It’s the last day of our Celebrate Civility challenge, so let’s finish strong. Counteract bullying by spreading kindness.
Help a coworker feel appreciated today, or just boost morale with one of these ideas from Creating and Sustaining Civility:
- Greet others by name and smile.
- Say “thank you” often; praise on the spot, and in the presence of others
- Leave an appreciation note on a coworker’s car or thank you sticky note at their work station.
- Treat a colleague to lunch.
- Buy lottery tickets or a coffee shop gift card for someone as a surprise.
- Have the entire team sign a framed certificate of appreciation for another team member.
- Write an official note for someone’s file.
As we end the challenge we hope you have found it helpful. As you need them, please refer back to these challenge pages and ANA's Violence, Incivility & Bullying for more including conflict resolution resources and this webinar series.
How has this challenge helped change your perceptions of incivility, bullying, or workplace violence? How will you work to combat bullying and violence? Let us know in in our discussion or in our Facebook group.
Find this helpful? Use the social media links on the bottom or left side of your page to share it with a nurse and invite them to join Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation!