Make Your Bedroom A Sleep Sanctuary
Welcome to day 1 of the Your Best Sleep Yet! challenge, powered by support from Compass One Healthcare.
Over time, our brains learn to associate certain feelings with the places where they occurred. Feeling relaxed, happy, and carefree in your bedroom trains your body to associate those emotions with where you sleep. As much as possible, keep outside activities like paying bills, doing homework, watching scary movies, and having highly emotional conversations from entering your bedroom.
Tonight take a look at your sleeping space. Does it reflect a space that prioritizes a place for rest, relaxation, and sleep? How can you make changes to it that support an environment that encourages better rest?
Here are a few ideas to consider trying before bed tonight for restful sleep:
- Read a calming book
- Listen to feel-good music
- Use room-darkening shades
- Have your comfy linens and pillows on hand
- Ensure the right temperature
- Make certain your room is a welcoming space, free of too much clutter
- Try a guided meditation from last week's Meditate & Recalibrate challenge. Use your FREE 1 year Headspace PLUS subscription here to start a meditation practice and more.
Tell us what you try and what you notice tonight here or reply to us on Twitter. Better yet show us! Post a photo of your bedroom space in our private Facebook group or Instagram. Remember to tag us with #healthynurse!
Find this helpful? Use the social media links on the left side of your page to share it with a nurse and invite them to join Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation!
Join us on day 2.
Sponsored by support from Morrison Healthcare, a Division of Compass One Healthcare
Join Now - It's Free!
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now