Seek Out Mentors
Welcome to day 2 of the #WeAreinThisTogether Student Nurse Wellness challenge.
Mentors will be valuable advisers and confidantes throughout your nursing career. A mentor doesn't have to be a faculty member. Consider developing a relationship with a fellow student who is ahead of you in nursing school, or an experienced RN. They can provide you with guidance and support in school and beyond. Throughout your nursing school experience, you’ll find many potential mentors in your professors and school faculty as well.
Remember, wherever you find your mentors, they can help you:
- Learn how to best navigate professional and school-related challenges
- Grow your network
- Explore opportunities and build your career path
Read more on exploring mentorship in our blog here and if you’re an ANA member, consider joining the ANA Mentorship Program.
Not comfortable reaching out to a faculty member or student you know yet? Social media is another way to network with other nurses, seek advice, and feel camaraderie. You may even connect with another nurse who eventually becomes a mentor. You can also find professional organizations that provide resources for student nurses during the pandemic.
Consider following one of these nursing Twitter accounts:
- @HealthyNurseUSA – 1.8k followers
- @ANANursingWorld — 114k followers
- @AmJNurs — 55.7k followers
- @ScrubsMagazine — 23.8k followers
- @allnurses — 21.9k followers
When using social media during nursing school, always remember to follows these social media guidelines for nurses.
How are you doing in the challenge so far? Let us know here or reply to us on Twitter, in our private Facebook group or Instagram. Remember to tag us with #healthynurse!
Find this helpful? Use the social media links on the left side of your page to share it with a nurse and invite them to join Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation!
Missed day 1? Catch up here. Join us on day 3.
Join Now - It's Free!
Join now to get immediate access to:
Log In or Join Now
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now