Set Realistic Goals
Welcome to day 1 of the Leveling Your A1C challenge, powered by support from Morrison Healthcare, A Division of Compass One Healthcare.
Before you begin any lifestyle changes, you should create a plan. And a key element for setting realistic goals? Taking time for self-awareness.
Designate a few minutes today to touch base with yourself. Taking time to understand how and what you’re feeling can keep you on track throughout this challenge — and beyond!
Follow this format:
- Either in your mind or on a notepad, think about or write down what you hope to accomplish and why
- Allow a sense of calm and confidence to wash over you
- Now open your mind to attainable changes. Repeat a mantra like “I am capable” or “I am courageous” at least 5–10 times
- Jot down 2–3 goals for the week, like eating fewer carbohydrates, cutting back on sweetened drinks, or exercising 3 times for 30 minutes
Now you are ready to open the door to healthier lifestyle choices that can help level your A1C (and make you feel great!)
What are your goals in this challenge? Share them with us here or reply to us on Twitter, in our private Facebook group or Instagram. Also, let us know how yesterday's yoga or mediation session went. Remember to tag us with #healthynurse!
Did this challenge tip inspire you? Use the social media links on the left side of your page to share it with a nurse and invite them to join Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation!
Haven't yet signed up for the Leveling Your A1C challenge, powered by support from Morrison Healthcare, A Division of Compass One Healthcare? Sign up here or text healthynurse to 52886.
Sponsored by Support from Morrison Healthcare, A Division of Compass One Healthcare
Join Now - It's Free!
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now