How Can You Contribute To A Positive & Respectful Work Environment?
It’s day 9 of the #EndNurseAbuse challenge.
Every nurse needs to be a role model for good behavior. Spreading kindness is simple. Say hello, make eye contact, or smile when a colleague passes by – and if you see a fellow nurse struggling, offer assistance. Expressions of gratitude are always appreciated as well.
Bonus Tips for Employers:
It’s important that all supervisors, managers, and administrators work together to provide a respectful work environment. This includes:
- Ensuring all professional codes and regulations are honored and followed
- Practicing respectful, civil communication at all times
- Taking all reports of violence seriously and investigating them fully
- Implementing a zero-tolerance policy for violence of any kind
- Making sure all parts of the hospital are well-lit, safe, and secure
Find this helpful? Use the social media links on the bottom or left side of your page to share it.