Focus On Quality Sleep
Welcome to day 2 of the Strengthen Your Immunity, powered by Compass One challenge!
Getting plenty of sleep is SO important, but there’s another factor some people forget about: quality.
You can get all of the sleep in the world, but if it’s not restful sleep, it’s not going to do what it’s supposed to do.
Healthy sleep can:
- Improve productivity
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Help ward off illness
- Improve your quality of life
Whether you have difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, there are some habits and routines that help make restorative rest more than just a dream.
Starting today, incorporate these into your lifestyle to improve your sleep quality:
- Ditch your screens to avoid blue light exposure within an hour of bedtime
- Expose yourself to natural light when you wake up
- Skip alcoholic beverages close to bedtime
- Eat sleep-friendly foods in the evenings, like cherries, turkey, bananas, or nuts
- Make your bedroom a sleep sanctuary with blackout curtains, a cool but comfortable temperature, white noise, and lack of clutter
Missed day 1? Catch up here. Join us on day 3.
Join the Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation™! An initiative to get our nation's 4 million nurses healthier.