Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate!

6563c7c56789f56264e6edf37352d7fe-huge-an
 

Welcome to day 8 of the Strengthen Your Immunity, powered by Compass One challenge!

Our bodies are made of 60% water. And our skin, which is literally our body’s external barrier and protector, relies on proper hydration to be healthy and strong. When that barrier is weakened through dehydration, it opens the door for more germs and bacteria to enter. 

Just as the immune system depends on our skin to help keep germs out, it also depends on blood to carry oxygen and nutrients throughout the body. And our blood is made of mostly water. Are you spotting a trend here? 

Water is essential for the healthy function of our immune system (and nearly every other part of our body.)  

On average, 80% of your fluid intake come from what you drink, and the other 20% comes from foods you eat. Today (and every day moving forward), make sure you’re drinking plenty of water. Strive for about:   

  • 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) a day for men 
  • 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) a day for women 


Need motivation to drink less soda and more water? See how this simple lifestyle change helped one nurse lose 52 pounds. Need more ways to stay hydrated? Access our tips here.

Tell us how you're doing in the challenge so far in our discussion in the challenge update section here or on Facebook

Find this helpful? Share it with a nurse by using the social media links on the left side of this page and invite them to sign up for the Strengthen Your Immunity, powered by Compass One challenge!

Missed day 7? Catch up here. Join us on day 9.

Posted by Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation (HNHN) on Mar 17, 2021 3:13 PM America/Chicago

Blog Post Comments

Log in to post a comment.

Join Now - It's Free!

Join now to get immediate access to:
  • Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
  • Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
  • Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
  • An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices

Log In or Join Now

Share: