Welcome to day 5 of the Show Yourself Kindness challenge, powered by CeraVe. Congratulations — you’re halfway through!
Gratitude helps build a more positive outlook, it creates a better environment for self-compassion. It’s a crucial ingredient for quieting your inner critic. Gratitude gives your inner voice the fuel it needs to speak kind, loving thoughts.
Tonight try a simple gratitude practice. Before you go to sleep think of 3 to 5 things you’re grateful for in your life. The list doesn’t need to be too complex, just write whatever comes to mind or save it in your phone.
As you go about your day over the weekend or even next week, pull it out and read it whenever you might need to. Try to do this every day and, over time, you’ll notice that your thinking and outlook will become more positive. This gratitude practice will help you “show up” at work with your best attitude and intentions each day.
Consider starting a gratitude practice. Explore more resources on building gratitude.
- Try a gratitude meditation with Headspace and get started with your FREE Headspace trial here.
- The Health And Wellness Benefits Of Gratitude
- Being Thankful Can Help You Become Happier – And Healthier
Do you find time for gratitude in your daily life? How? Share with us in our discussion in the challenge update section here or on Facebook.
Find this helpful? Inspire others and use the social media links on the left side of your page to share this tip with a nurse you know and invite them to join Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation!
Join Now - It's Free!
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now