Do A Guided Meditation For Caregiver
We hope you’ve been more cognizant of your inner voice over during the Show Yourself Kindness challenge, powered by CeraVe. It is time to take it one step further with meditation. Sometimes we need to turn inward more. Today is one of those days.
When you meditate, you turn your mind away from distracting thoughts and focus on the present moment. The activity can involve turning your attention to a single point of reference, focusing on the breath, bodily sensations, or a mantra. While some people can comfortably meditate on their own, others benefit from having a guide.
Today, take a few minutes to try one of these guided meditations for caregivers:
- Self-compassion for caregivers
- Self-compassion break
- Soften, soothe, allow: Working with emotions in the body
Once you’ve finished the meditation, think about how you feel mentally, emotionally, and physically. Does your body feel lighter? Does your mind feel more content and calmer than it did previously? What does your inner voice sound like now?
If you notice positive results from this meditation, turn to it whenever needed. Use it as a tool throughout your day to stay focused on self-compassion.
Learn more about meditation:
- The Beginner’s Guide To Meditation
- Meditation 101: Know Your Options
- Sign up for free access to the app Headspace Plus for mindful eating and gratitude resources, as well as sleepscapes, guided meditations and more!
How did it go? Share with us in our discussion in the challenge update section here or on Facebook.
Find this helpful? Inspire others and use the social media links on the left side of your page to share this tip with a nurse you know and invite them to join Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation!
Join Now - It's Free!
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now