Hydrate Through Foods 4018

Hydrate Through Foods

Published

5ff8166b2020af1f9525cddbb59f5f8e-huge-an

Hydration isn’t only about drinks. As we mentioned previously in this challenge, 20% of your daily fluid intake likely comes from the foods you eat, while the other 80% comes from water and other liquids. If you’re strategic about the foods you eat, however, you can increase your hydration at snack and mealtimes.

Delicious fruits and vegetables often contain high amounts of water. Plus, they’re loaded with tons of vitamins and minerals we need to stay healthy. Incorporate more of these foods into your diet today:

Lettuce — Water content: 96%
Cucumber — Water content: 95%
Tomatoes — Water content: 94%
Watermelon — Water content: 92%
Strawberries — Water content: 91%
Cantaloupe — Water content: 90%
Oranges — Water content: 88%

Want to check off multiple boxes in one meal? Build yourself a fresh salad full of lettuce, cucumbers, strawberries, oranges, and any other toppings you love. You’ll get extra hydration from a variety of tasty food sources.

Show us your which you include in your next meal - better yet show us! Post a video or photo with us in the challenge update section here, in our private Facebook group, or on Twitter, or Instagram,

Do you know someone who would benefit from this challenge? Use the social media links on the left side of your page to share it with a nurse and invite them to join Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation!

Missed day 6? Catch up here. Join us on day 8.

c987219becfc64baa8a999f8eee281c1-huge-an

 

Blog Challenge Tips 08/31/2021 12:05pm CDT

Share:





 

Share:

Blog Post Comments