Do Mini Exercises While Watching Your Favorite Shows
If you watch television or are binging a series, get up and exercise during the commercials breaks and between episodes.
What do you currently do during commercials? Do you tune them out with something else, like scrolling through social media? Or do you fast forward? Every time those pesky ads start rolling, do an exercise instead.
Try one of these ideas:
- Calf raises or crunches
- Hold a plank on your elbows or hands
- Jog in place
- Lunges or squats
- Stretch or do some yoga
When your show comes back on, resume your cozy spot on the couch. Be ready to try something else during the next break.
Want to do more? Here are some tips on how to start exercising, no matter what’s holding you back.
Find this helpful? Use the social share links on this page to share it with a nurse you know and invite them to join the Small Steps = Big Changes, powered by support from Humana.
Missed our last post. Catch up here. Join us on day 2.
Join Now - It's Free!
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now