Have You Tried Ancient Grains Yet?
It's day 2 of the Healthy Recipe Toolbox Challenge.
Now that you’ve learned the health benefits of ancient grains, it’s time to add them to your diet. Not sure where to start?
Consider these options:
- Make your daily yogurt more filling — add chia seeds
- Replace your usual side of white rice with quinoa
- Use spelt in baked goods such as breads and pancakes
- Add farro to strews or casseroles
- Mix millet in a roasted broccoli and cheddar bake
- Love Mexican black bean bowls? Add farro with fresh avocado
- Try spelt in a salad with oranges, cranberries and feta cheese
Here are some ideas for adding these protein-packed, hearty grains into your meals:
- 4 Delicious New Ways to Cook With Ancient Grains
- 10 Ancient Grains to Switch Up Your Healthy Carbs
- 8 Ancient Grains Options for Your Next Breakfast Bowl
Find this helpful? Use the social media links on the left side of your page to share it with a nurse and invite them to join Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation!
Missed day 1? Catch up here. Join us on day 3.
Sponsored by support from Morrison Healthcare, a Division of Compass One Healthcare