Take Your Workout Outside
Welcome to day 4 of the Possibilities Unlimited challenge, powered by support from Humana.
Feeling outdoorsy? No matter where you live, there’s probably areas nearby where you can hike, walk a trail, or stroll through the woods.
Studies show that being in nature may boost immunity while lowering stress levels and improving mood. For example: Forest bathing, a type of outdoor meditation, can help you slow down and take in the natural environment.
A forest bath usually takes between 2 to 4 hours but only covers about a half-mile of ground. You can learn more about how to forest bathe in one of our previous blog posts.
Other ideas for taking advantage of the health benefits of nature:
- Bird watching
- Identifying flowers or plants
- Doing yoga or tai chi in the woods
- Meditating or doing breathing exercises while you walk
Remember it is important to limit close contact with people when outside of your home. Please do not forget to wear your masks and wear them safely whenever possible to slow the spread of COVID-19.
How did your online workout go yesterday? Tell us here or in our private Facebook group, on Twitter or Instagram. Even better post a photo of your workouts. We'd love to see them! Remember to tag us with #healthynurse.
Find this helpful? Use the social media links on the left side of your page to share it with a nurse and invite them to join Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation!
Missed day 3? Catch up here.
Sponsored by support from
Join Now - It's Free!
Join now to get immediate access to:
Log In or Join Now
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now