Keeping Up A Positive Attitude?
It's day 9 of the Leveling Your A1C challenge, powered by support from Morrison Healthcare, A Division of Compass One Healthcare.
Being positive is crucial for mental health — it can help you combat stress and difficult situations. This, in turn, helps keep your A1C normal.
Especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, keeping a positive attitude can be challenging. Today, make an extra effort to push away negativity. Daily habits focused on positivity can make you a more joyful person — and happiness is key to a life full of health and wellness.
To keep your stress low and your joy high:
- Find a positive affirmation that speaks to you and repeat it daily
- Try a guided meditation in the Headspace app to help you focus on the positive in your life. Sign up for you FREE 1 year subscription here.
- Reward yourself when you accomplish something challenging
- Email yourself photos or videos from moments that made you appreciate life
- Counter any negative thoughts in your head with positive ones
- Say something positive to a coworker or loved one every day
- Connect with a dear friend or family member
Start your day on a positive note and keep your bright spirits going each day moving forward. You’ll find your heart lighter and your stress levels lower.
Later when your day ends, think about how this focus on positivity made you feel. Let us know here or reply to us on Twitter, in our private Facebook group or Instagram. Remember to tag us with #healthynurse!.
If you enjoyed today’s tip, use the social media links on the left side of your page to share it with a nurse and invite them to join Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation!
Missed day 8? Catch up here.
Sponsored by Support from Morrison Healthcare, A Division of Compass One Healthcare
Join Now - It's Free!
Join now to get immediate access to:
Log In or Join Now
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now