Make Yourself A Priority
When you think about your to-do list, are you on it? You might put yourself toward the bottom, or forget to add yourself completely. Sometimes it might seem as if everyone else is on your list except for you.
You deserve dedicated time to focus on yourself each day, especially during National Nurses Week!
Find a time that you know you can give devote 10 to 15 minutes to yourself. Plan it as if your life depends on it, because it does. Just as you need maintenance on your car regularly, your body and mind need regular check-ups, too. A little life maintenance goes a long way.
Here are a few ways you can focus on yourself tonight (but do what feels best for your individual needs):
- Indulge yourself: Treat yourself to a manicure, massage, needlework, or personal hobby that brings you joy.
- Get outside: Find a spot near your work or home where you can spend at least 10 minutes breathing fresh air.
- Focus on sleep quality: Wind down before bedtime with a good book, calming bath, dim lights, and peaceful atmosphere. Create a bedtime ritual that helps you sleep better.
- Have some quiet time: In the chaos of being a nurse during a global pandemic, we need more calm in our lives. Find a cozy spot to read, listen to music, rest your eyes, or meditate.
Keep going. Don’t just make yourself a priority today — keep yourself on your to-do list every day moving forward. Even if it’s just 5 minutes, every little bit helps.
How are you doing in the Show Yourself Kindness challenge, powered by CeraVe? Share with us in our discussion in the challenge update section here or on Facebook.
Explore further. See how self-care means self-compassion.
Join Now - It's Free!
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now