Welcome to day 5 of the Decompress – Where’s Your Happy Place? powered by Compass One
Every day should include some type of physical activity — you already know this. But in the chaos of daily life, it’s easy to go days (or even longer) without exercising. Give yourself grace and shoo away any guilt you may be feeling — it happens to the best of us. Starting today, you can get on the right track.
Do you feel like you don’t have the time? Don’t take no for an answer. Schedule an “appointment” with yourself to do something active and hold yourself accountable.
Any kind of movement is healthy — from walking and jogging to climbing and lifting. It doesn’t have to be something that makes you sweat, but it should be something that gets you moving.
Commit to some “me time” by:
- Doing mini exercises like standing push-ups, calf raises, lunges, or squats
- Trying an online workout you’ve never done before
- Starting a plank, squat, or jumping jack challenge
- Adding intervals to a walk or jog
- Going for a bike ride around your neighborhood
It’s amazing how even a small amount of physical activity can help you feel rejuvenated, energized, and more motivated. Don’t underestimate the power of some exercise. Make it a priority as often as you can.
What will you do to get active? Let us know in the challenge update thread here or on Facebook.
Find this helpful? Inspire others and use the social media links on the left side of your page to share this tip with a nurse you know and invite them to join Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation!
Missed day 4? Catch up here. Join us on day 6.
Join Now - It's Free!
Join now to get immediate access to:
Log In or Join Now
- Health surveys with customized results and recommendations
- Fun and engaging monthly health challenges
- Giveaways, discounts and chances to win health-oriented gifts
- An online community to connect you to others with similar goals – share stories, gain best practices
Log In or Join Now