Open Up To Others
It's day 4 of the Cultivate Gratitude challenge.
Let’s spread more gratitude today. When talking with a coworker, friend, or family member, start a conversation about what you’re thankful for. Then get the other person to share their appreciation, as well and share your own answers. Watch as both of your spirits are lifted — all it takes is conversation around what makes you happiest.
Use these questions to ignite and guide the topic:
- What are you most grateful for in your life right now?
- What is your favorite simple pleasure?
- What fills your cup and brings you joy each day?
Here are some responses from other nurses in our HNHN Connect Community:
- “I am thankful to have time to offer assistance to family members in their time of need. I am grateful for my brothers & how we are helping each other cope with the loss of our dad recently.”
- “I’m thankful for having fabulous nurse friends who keep me centered, help me laugh and give me pause to be grateful for my profession and the joys that it has brought to me over the years!”
- “So thankful for the team I work with everyday - so grateful that I have support from my leadership team and so humble (d) by my patients and families that trust me without even knowing me to care for them.”
Did you like this advice? Use the social media links on the left side of your page to share it with a nurse and invite them to join Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation!
Missed day 3? Catch up here. Join us on day 5.
Grateful in 2021 has a deeper meaning because being a nurse has been a challenge and provided an opportunity to step up to serve the needs of our people and families. Gratification at the end of the day is tired feet and a joyful heart for anything I could do to improve lives in our community. One more COVID test or vaccine administered to keep everyone healthy - way to go nurses!
Thankful for my two children and my husband for supporting me and my busy schedule working as a nurse during the COVID pandemic. It is a blessing to have support and people who is always there for you no matter what.